Kardamena with 1.212 inhabitants, distant 24 km from the town of Kos, is a very popular summer resort. It has been developed in recent years, thanks to its vast excellent beach considered by some as the best on the island. With its large hotel-groups, restaurants, tavernas, barsand pubs attracts many tourists. Nightlife is getting very intence here with many choices among the clubs and discos.
From here you can also get to Nissiros by regular boat service.
Kefalos with 2.097 inhabitants, is situated at the southwest side of the island at 43 km from the town of Kos. It is built on a stone height, dominated by the imposing windmill of Papavasilis. There are many attractions worth visiting in the area of Kefalos:
- the ruins of the medieval castle
- the ancient site of Palatia
- the basilica of Ayios Stefanos at the nearby Kamari
- the old cave at Aspri Petra
- the Monastery of Ayios Ioannis (Thimianos)
- and the beach Mikro Limanaki at the north of Kefalos peninsula
Antimachia with 1.676 inhabitants, is distant 25km from the town of Kos, and 1km from the airport. Here you can visit the venetian castle with its churches and ruins of houses. This area is also famous for itswindmills and for its tavernas serving tastefull local food, like souvlaki.